Monday, July 7, 2008

Frontier Ranch Colorado




As most of you already know, either by not seeing us for more than a month or by my constant complaining about being away from home, etc., we were in Colorado for 33 days while Phil worked at Frontier Ranch Young Life camp from the end of May through the end of June. I reluctantly drug all 3 kids away from home with all the junk that 3 kids and two adults need for a month in a new place with two seasons!! It snowed twice the first week and then was in the 80's by the time we left. I had prayed before leaving that it would be a great experience and I would actually enjoy myself...and despite a few missteps we had a wonderful time. We were surrounded by wonderful families who were there on assignment with us, Ellie & Grace had friends to play with (which was great for me too!) and we loved the work crew kids that Phil was working with everyday. The only hard part was Phil's horrendous work schedule, the mice and chipmunks that lived with us (no really...) and being away from home for so long with a four month old. Otherwise, it was a spiritual experience that is beyond words. God did some wonderful things on that mountain. We saw almost 1,500 come through camp in 4 weeks with over 400+ accepting Christ while they were there. Amazing. I felt a little like a teenager experiencing camp because I laughed more in that month than I have in a long time. I feel blessed that my children get to grow up surrounded by Young Life and what it stands for. I feel blessed that they know that being a Christian can be cool and fun, not boring and full of rules. And I feel blessed to be back home! :o)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is well written and explains it thoroughly. Can I link this post to my blog?